Monday, September 17, 2012

Ch-ch-ch changes!

They say that change is a good thing. I know that is true, and I usually welcome change, but there must be some kind of quota on how much change is tolerable.  Here are the changes in our world:

Our old House:
So way back in January we felt impressed to put our house on the market with no defined plan.  It turned out the Lord was helping prepare us for our new adventure (see below.)  One of my biggest concerns, however,  with the "wing and a prayer" plan, was that I was concerned we would have to move, right when the baby was to be born (see below, below.)

Our New Job:
Royal and I accepted a job working for a girls school in Erda (where?), which is north of Tooele.  We have become house parents for 10 teenage girls in a beautiful home, and helping them make it in this world.  It was a long, prayerful decision, but we ultimately felt guided to it, as it has been the answer to many of our other prayers.  We moved in on June 16th, and started work 2 days later.


Our New Girl:
After working for a whole week, our sweet baby girl, Millie, was born 2 1/2 weeks early.  She came home to a house of sick family members and disorganized boxes.  Gratefully, she is practically the best baby in the whole world (did I mention she is already sleeping 6+ hours each night?) and has made the transition so much easier.  And in case no one has told you yet. . .3 is hard!  As a mom, I feel needed in 3 different ways by 3 different kiddos.

It has taken me a while to balance the job/kids/baby/mixed up schedule, but there are parts that are getting easier.   I will check in with ya'll as the months go by, but just wanted to share what's been happening in our world.  And I am hoping we don't get any more big changes for a while.

6 comments:

Janaca said...

Oh my goodness! What a whirlwind for your family the last little bit. Congrats on your new sweet baby and good luck with 3! I know firsthand how hard it is to balance everything with 3 kiddos. :)

Amy said...

What a cutie she is! Three was the hardest transition for me too, I'm sure you're doing great!
I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are and how the sale of your home went, we've also been feeling like it might be time to list so I'd love to hear about your experiance. Hope all is well with your family :)

Ryan & Michelle said...

Wow! I've been out of the blogging loop for awhile. Congrats on your new home, job and ADORABLE Millie!!! We are doing well and hoping to make it back toward Utah, but the Lord is working on his time :) Love you guys!

Ryan & Michelle said...

Wow! I've been out of the blogging loop for awhile. Congrats on your new home, job and ADORABLE Millie!!! We are doing well and hoping to make it back toward Utah, but the Lord is working on his time :) Love you guys!

Scarlett said...

So glad your fam is doing well! We miss you guys terribly! Keep posting pics! I'm sure Millie has changed a ton!

ShayLynn said...

Yay I was so happy to find your blog again... We talk about you guys and wonder how you are doing! So happy to hear things are going well with the new job and baby! She is adorable! 3 does come with a whole new juggling effort on our part but if there is anyone who could do it, it would be you! Tell royal chad says hi! Hopefully we will run into you guys soon - we would love to see you guys!