Tuesday, November 2, 2010

It's Autumn Time, the leaves are falling down

I love fall! We visited my parents in Logan and were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Logan Canyon. I found my old camera from my photography class and though it was quite outdated (i.e. not digital) I took some pictures and scanned them in to share.
There is something so reminiscent about the smell of fallen leaves. It's musty and earthy, and makes me feel like I should be in boots and a turtleneck sweater, strolling somewhere by a lake. I have always loved the "crisp, but not too cold" ambiance that autumn provides. Perhaps it is the anticipation of the upcoming holidays, or just the feeling of the earth rolling back the covers for winter.
I just had to bring Lucy and Grant to the canyon where I gained an appreciation for this time of year. I have a lot of memories of hiking, climbing and campfires in these hills.
I hope that my children will grow to appreciate being outside and enjoying how beautiful this earth is. Especially when it is garnished with vibrant oranges, reds and yellows. It seems that I always want to take family pictures when there is a backdrop of fall trees to spice it up. I am grateful to be in an area that allows me to enjoy it every year!

No comments: