Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lessons learned from sick kids


The other day my friend Cami spouted some words of wisdom.  She didn't want her kids to think back about how their mom always stuck to healthy guidelines, instead she wanted to be remembered for being cool because every once in a while, they got a Zinger before lunch.
When Grant got a bit of the sickies, it made me think about this and reflect on my life and children. So here is what I have learned from my sick kids:



*I'm glad that I DO monitor their TV viewing on regular days, so when you are stuck on the couch, you can blow that whole ratio out of the water


*Although it's tough to see a very active toddler come to a halt, I selfishly enjoy the snuggling when he melts into me, even while making dinner.


*I am so grateful that I don't have to call in to work and negotiate some accommodations when my kids need me.  Thank you, Royal.


*I learned that my whole detailed To-Do list is completely forgotten, and the Things that Matter Most come through.


*I learned that my 4 year old can stop the fighting and kicking and show compassion for her little brother.



Sometimes I think I learn the most in the times I least expect it.




2 comments:

Sarah said...

Love this post! I completely agree! xo

Sarah said...

Loved this post! I completely agree! xo