Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Look at me--I'm Mormon-y!

I am happy to announce that I am unemployed! I understand that most people would not be so enthused about this type of announcement, but I am thrilled to join the ranks of Mormon moms (Mor-moms) as a stay at home mom. To celebrate, I mopped the floor on my hands and knees and vacuumed wearing pearls and high heels.

Although it was pretty hard to give up the job as the pregnant P.E. teacher, I decided to let my legacy live on in the lives of the children I bossed around for 4 years. And, thanks to 2 of my former employers, I have some work opportunities that I can do at home to help bridge the gap.

Which leads me to my insight of this whole blog. When we were deciding if I would be teaching again this year, I would talk about it with fellow Mor-moms and neighbors. They always give those "It's a tough choice" comments, knowing that it is a personal decision each family has to make. However, as soon as we decided that I would stay home with our two darlings, I heard, "You made the right choice." We have really only been blessed because of it, and I am so happy to be here and now in this new adventure.

5 comments:

Shonda Hayes said...

Da'nelle, I'm so excited for you! I look forward to the day that Craig graduates and gets a job so I can stay at home.
Hope all goes well for you.

Lacking Productivity said...

I am totally thrilled for you! And secretly I am jealous of you.

Anonymous said...

Da'nelle! you are cracking me up over here. Welcome to the world of SAHM's. You are already better at it than me with your vacuuming in high heels shananagans. Good job :) Now you just need to churn your own butter and you'll be set.

Ryan & Michelle said...

YEAH!! Now you need to start a facebook profile and your Mor-mommy life will be complete!!

Lindsay said...

Yeah!!! Dan'nelle, I'm thrilled for you! Just what you wanted! I'm so glad to see things are going well back in Utah! Miss you all!